Sunday, October 12, 2008

Edible Image Cake

I was asked to make a cake for a surprise 70th birthday party. When I asked questions to come up with a cake design here were the requirements:

-He likes sports, especially the Arizona Diamondbacks, Arizona Coyotes, and Arizona Cardinals, but his favorite team is the Brooklyn Dodgers
-He reads the newspaper everyday
-He has 2 grand daughters, and would like to have their pictures on the cake
-He likes white cake but the rest of the family likes chocolate
-He likes white frosting but rest of the family thinks it doesn't have much flavor. I suggested cream cheese frosting and they liked it.
-His favorite color is blue

I can do some simple cake decorating but I've never done a photo cake. I found this website http://tastyfotoart.com/ and thought I would give it a try. My first thought was that I would do separate images for each logo and photo but at $11.95 each that would get expensive fast. Instead I designed a layout with all the photos and logos incorporated.

This is a double layer cake with white cake bottom layer and chocolate cake top layer. It is frosted with cream cheese frosting.




No comments: