adapted from Allrecipes.com
- 1 (2 pound) package frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed or 3 medium potatoes, skinned, shredded in a food processor, and browned in a skillet with butter
- 1/2 pound pork sausage
- 4 strips bacon
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 12 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 2 quart baking dish. Place the hash brown potatoes in the bottom of the baking dish.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and cook and stir the sausage until the sausage is crumbly, evenly browned, and no longer pink; drain.
- Heat 4 slices of bacon in a skillet and brown on both sides. Let cool then chop into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the eggs, milk, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper, and pour over the potatoes. Layer with half the Cheddar cheese, the sausage and bacon, and the remaining Cheddar cheese. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour. Remove cover; return casserole to the oven and bake until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean, about 10 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.