This is a great cookie batter if you want to make several kinds of cookies to please a crowd. Some mix-in ideas are chocolate chips, M&Ms, raisins, oatmeal, chopped nuts, chopped candy bar pieces, or whatever you like.
2 1/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1. 1/2 cup dried cranberries and 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
2. 12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
3. 2 cups mini M&Ms
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
3. In a large bowl, beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla extract until creamy.
4. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
5. Gradually beat in flour mixture to the butter mixture.
6. Stir in mix-ins.
7. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased cookie sheet.
8. Bake for 9-11 minutes, or until golden brown.
9. Allow to cool on the baking sheet for 2 minutes, then transfer the cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
Makes 36 cookies