Sunday, August 3, 2008

Rum & Coke Chicken


I searched through several recipe books but I didn't quite find the combination I was looking for so I created my own recipe for lunch today. I haven't gone grocery shopping in two weeks so I was very limited with available ingredients. I was very impressed with how this turned out. I already have another recipe experiment in mind that I want to try later this week.


Rum & Coke Chicken
by Me

2 Chicken Breasts
4 oz Coke (1/3 can)
2 Tbsp Rum
1 Tbsp brown sugar
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper

Trim chicken breasts of excess fat. Place in a rimmed dish with the remaining ingredients and allow to marinate for 30 minutes. Preheat a George Foreman grill or other indoor or outdoor grill. Place chicken on the grill for about 7 minutes on each side. Baste with marinade every 2-3 minutes. Chicken is done when juices run clear.

No comments: