Sunday, November 2, 2008

Fried Snickers


This creation was inspired by the latest trends in State Fair food. You can get some very unusual fried foods at the fairs now including fried twinkies, fried M&M's, and fried moon pies. One that I've always wanted to try is fried Snickers. We had lots of leftover Fun Size Snickers after Halloween and I really wanted to use some of them to make fried Snickers. This looks and sounds strange but it was so good!

1/2 cup of prepared pancake mix
4 Fun Size Snickers, unwrapped
Vegetable Oil for frying
Powdered Sugar for dusting

Coat Snickers in pancake mix. Set on wax paper and place in the freezer for 1 hour or more. Heat oil in a pot over medium heat. Add coated Snickers. Fry for 1 minute. Turn over and fry for 1 minute or until light brown. Remove from oil. Dust with powdered sugar before serving.

1 comment:

Maryanna said...

WOW!!! I would eat every bit of this if I made it. My favorite candy is snickers. These look sinfully delicious.