Monday, November 10, 2008

Spicy Vegetable Soup


The title of this blog is Spice N' It Up but it's been a while since I've made anything spicy. The weather is finally getting cooler in Arizona (sadly highs in the 80's is cool for us). So a bowl of hot and spicy soup seemed perfect.

Spicy Vegetable Soup
by Me

1/2 cup baby carrots, chopped
1/2 cup broccoli, chopped
1/4 cup celery, chopped
1/4 cup cabbage, chopped
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup red kidney beans
1 can diced tomatoes
1-8 oz can tomato sauce
3 cups beef broth
1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
2 Tbs hot sauce

I made this in the microwave using my Pampered Chef large micro-cooker. I cooked the carrots, broccoli, celery, cabbage, and water in the micro-cooker in the microwave on high for 10 minutes. Then I added the remaining ingredients and cooked for an additional 10 minutes on high, stirring every 3 minutes.

No comments: