Sunday, September 28, 2008

Jell-o Chocolate Pudding Fudge


I've saved this recipe in my recipe box for a long time. It was one of the first recipes that I put in there. I thought it sounded interesting but I never made it before. I was craving some chocolate fudge the other day so I gave it a try. It was very easy to make. When eaten cold it is very similar to my See's fudge recipe. Unfortunately when it sat out for more than a few minutes it got gooey and had a slimy consistency (definitely not like my See's fudge). I'm glad I discovered that before I took it to a party where it would sit out. I probably wouldn't make this again unless I needed a quick fudge fix. It is worth it to spend the time and make the good stuff.

Jell-o Chocolate Pudding Fudge
http://www.kraftfoods.com/kf/recipes/jell-o-chocolate-pudding-fudge-60952.aspx

Ingredients
1 pkg. (8 squares) BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate, divided
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, divided
1/3 cup water
1 pkg. (4-serving size) JELL-O Chocolate Instant Pudding
3 cups powdered sugar

DIRECTIONS

MICROWAVE 4 of the chocolate squares, 6 Tbsp. of the butter and water in large microwavable bowl on HIGH 2 minutes or until butter is melted; stir. Add dry pudding mix; stir until well blended.

ADD powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, stirring until well blended after each addition. Press into foil-lined 8-inch square pan.

MICROWAVE remaining 4 chocolate squares and 2 Tbsp. butter in large microwavable bowl on HIGH 1-1/2 minutes or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Spread over pudding mixture. Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm. Cut into 48 (1-inch) squares.

Storage Know-How
Store cut-up fudge between sheets of wax paper in airtight container in refrigerator up to 2 weeks.

No comments: