After I colored some eggs I cracked them and turned them into deviled eggs.
I also cooked a small ham and glazed it with my secret sauce. This always turns out so good. My dad calls it carnivore candy.
For a side I made squash casserole. This was my first time trying this recipe and it is definitely a keeper. It was awesome! I've been looking for a good squash casserole recipe and now I don't have to look any further.
Yellow Squash Casserole
- 4 cups sliced yellow squash
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 35 buttery round crackers, crushed
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place squash and onion in a large skillet over medium heat. Pour in a small amount of water. Cover, and cook until squash is tender, about 5 minutes. Drain well, and place in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, mix together cracker crumbs and cheese. Stir half of the cracker mixture into the cooked squash and onions. In a small bowl, mix together eggs and milk, then add to squash mixture. Stir in 1/4 cup melted butter, and season with salt and pepper. Spread into a 9x13 inch baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cracker mixture, and dot with 2 tablespoons butter.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until lightly browned.
I ended the day making some Easter cupcakes. Since they are not quite done I will have to post them later.