Monday, March 24, 2008


I obviously had too much time on my hands this weekend. I wanted to make a project where I could use up some of my leftover fondant and color flow from my cake decorating classes. I saw these two projects online and thought they would be perfect.

I modified the projects a little. For the chicks I used color flow for the head and wings. I traced my leaf cutter for the shape of the wings. The downside to color flow is that it takes a long time to dry. I have to learn to be patient with it.

I used fondant for the bunny's ears, nose, and teeth. The eyes are made from mini chocolate chips. It took me a while to figure out how to make the ears even the the right size. I finally thought to use the leaf cutter but I only had one size cut out. Then I figured out that I could cut the white out in thicker pieces and then roll it out more with my rolling pin to make it bigger. I cut out the pink shapes with the same cutter but didn't roll it out anymore. I stacked the pink over the white and "glued" the two pieces of fondant with white butter cream. Unfortunately the ears drooped down the back side of the cupcake but I think they are still cute.


Jaime said...

The cupcakes are too cute! I wish I had the patience to learn things like this.

Priscilla said...

Just found your blog...great! I enjoyed looking at your Wilton Cake Class Course 1, I did that same class! Your cupcakes are really cute...I should try that one day.

Rachel said...

Those are the cutest things I've ever seen! And thanks for the compliments about my pictures on my blog (tortellini) - I always think they are awful.