Even though it wasn't the prettiest dessert, the cherry crisp was a big hit. It is really easy to make and doesn't require a bunch of different ingredients. I usually keep all of the ingredients on hand except for the canned cherry pie filling. You could substitute apple pie filling too. This is a perfect thing to make when you have unexpected company or if you remember at the last minute that you have to bring a dish to a potluck.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C.)
- In a medium bowl, combine the rolled oats, flour, brown sugar and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle one half of crumb mixture in the bottom of a 9 inch square baking dish. Cover with cherry pie filling. Sprinkle remaining crumb mixture over pie filling.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes, or until topping is golden brown. Serve warm.