Sunday, April 27, 2008

5 Years


Yesterday was our 5 year anniversary. In honor of surviving 5 years I am going to reminisce on our wedding day. Of course my favorite thing was marrying my wonderful hubby. It was a perfect day with perfect weather. We got married in an adorable little country church. It was spring so everything was blooming. All of our family and friends were there. We danced the night away at the reception. It was so much fun!

One of the things we still get comments about are the cakes. I loved them. The bride's cake was a 3 layer "present". The decorations matched the lavender crystals and pearls on my dress. The bottom layer was white cake, the middle was mexican chocolate, and the top layer was white/mexican chocolate swirl. It was delicious! We got the idea for the groom's cake from the armadillo cake in the movie Steel Magnolias. The groom's cake was a 3D fish with pink strawberry cake inside. It had a little hook coming out of his mouth that said "hooked for life". The cakes were made by Kay at Rose Cottage Creations. She is the best! Whenever I make cakes now I always think about Kay.

No comments: