This dip has gotten great reviews on several websites I frequent. I was somewhat disappointed because I was expecting it to be much better. It wasn't bad but I had very high expectations. If I did something wrong please let me know because I think this flavor combination has potential. One of the issues I had with setting this out on a party buffet was that many people thought it was cheese dip. They weren't expecting the heat shock that followed. Note to self: use label cards on the buffet spread.
Buffalo Chicken Dip
modified from http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Buffalo-Chicken-Dip/Detail.aspx
- 1 cup cooked chicken breast, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup Ranch dressing
- 3/4 cup pepper sauce, such as Franks® Red Hot®
- 1 bunch celery, cleaned and cut into 4 inch pieces
- baby carrots or carrot sticks
- butter crackers
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat chicken and hot sauce in a skillet over medium heat, until heated through.
- Spread cream cheese on the bottom of an oven safe serving dish.
- Add the chicken and hot sauce mixture over the cream cheese
- Top with and ranch dressing.
- Cook in the oven until warm and bubbling (about 15 minutes).
- Stir to combine flavors.
- Serve with celery sticks, carrots, and crackers.