Sunday, September 28, 2008

Buffalo Chicken Dip


This dip has gotten great reviews on several websites I frequent. I was somewhat disappointed because I was expecting it to be much better. It wasn't bad but I had very high expectations. If I did something wrong please let me know because I think this flavor combination has potential. One of the issues I had with setting this out on a party buffet was that many people thought it was cheese dip. They weren't expecting the heat shock that followed. Note to self: use label cards on the buffet spread.

Buffalo Chicken Dip
modified from
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Buffalo-Chicken-Dip/Detail.aspx

INGREDIENTS

  • 1 cup cooked chicken breast, chopped
  • 1 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
  • 1 cup Ranch dressing
  • 3/4 cup pepper sauce, such as Franks® Red Hot®
Serve with:
  • 1 bunch celery, cleaned and cut into 4 inch pieces
  • baby carrots or carrot sticks
  • butter crackers

DIRECTIONS

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Heat chicken and hot sauce in a skillet over medium heat, until heated through.
  3. Spread cream cheese on the bottom of an oven safe serving dish.
  4. Add the chicken and hot sauce mixture over the cream cheese
  5. Top with and ranch dressing.
  6. Cook in the oven until warm and bubbling (about 15 minutes).
  7. Stir to combine flavors.
  8. Serve with celery sticks, carrots, and crackers.

1 comment:

KaitCav said...

I always make my Buffalo Chicken Dip with Swanson Chicken. I love using canned chicken because it's so much faster and easier than cooking and shredding my own, plus I think it makes the consistency of the dip better. Swanson Chicken is made with only white meat (I know b/c I work for them) and I get compliments on my dish all the time!