Sunday, September 28, 2008

Slow Cooker Marmalade Curry Chicken

I had some left over chicken tenders and I wanted to find a creative way to use them. Chase and I really like Indian food but Phoenix is not known for its international cuisine. I found this recipe online and it sounded interesting and unique. It was very tasty. I wish I would have made more. I will definitely make this recipe again.




Slow Cooker Marmalade Curry Chicken
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Slow-Cooker-Marmalade-Curry-Chicken/Detail.aspx

INGREDIENTS

  • 5 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
  • salt and pepper, to taste
  • 1 (12 ounce) jar orange marmalade
  • 1/2 cup chicken stock
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
  • 1 pinch ground ginger

DIRECTIONS

  1. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper, and place into a slow cooker. Whisk together the marmalade, chicken stock, curry powder, cayenne pepper, and ground ginger in a bowl. Pour over chicken breasts.
  2. Cover, and cook on High for 3 to 4 hours, or on Low for 5 to 7 hours. Make sure to flip over the chicken breasts once during cooking.

No comments: