Sunday, September 28, 2008

Flower Cake

I couldn't wait to use my new flower cake pan for Erin's birthday. I wanted to make a bright cake to brighten her day. This cake pan seems to be very versatile. You can use it to make different varieties of flowers depending on how you decorate it. You can also use it to make a "bread bowl" type presentation if you cook bread in it and scoop out the middle. You can put dips and other things in the center. I think it would make a nice presentation.

The most difficult part of decorating this cake was trying to get the bright pink color I wanted. When I added pink coloring to the frosting it kept turning a Peptobismal pink. I ended up adding some orange and the brightened it up a little. I still wasn't 100% pleased with the color but it wasn't too ugly.



This was a yellow cake with buttercream icing.

No comments: