Thursday, January 1, 2009

Black-Eyed Pea Dip

My mom says I have to eat black-eyed peas on New Year's Day for good luck. Well I need all the luck I can get this year so I made two black-eyed pea dishes. I saw this one on Homesick Texan. I love the creativity of turning peas into a dip. This dip did not disappoint either. I couldn't stop eating it! Even if you don't like black-eyed peas you should give this a try. This tastes just like bean dip. The lime, cilantro, and jalapeno mask the earthy black-eyed pea flavor. It is perfect served with Fritos. I made some modifications though. The original recipe is a hot dip with bacon and cheese. I decided to lighten it up a bit.


Black-Eyed Pea Dip
adapted from Homesick Texan

1 can black-eyed peas, drained
juice from 1/2 lime
1 tsp olive oil
1/2 jalapeno, chopped
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped

Add all ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth. Makes about 1 cup of dip.

No comments: