Saturday, January 3, 2009

Vanilla Pudding Chocolate Chip Cookies

The cafeteria at my former workplace had awesome chocolate chip cookies. It was the only thing I liked that they made. One of my co-workers asked them for the recipe and they gave it to her. She passed it on to me. At one time this was my go to chocolate chip cookie recipe. I miss placed the recipe and didn't make them again for several years. Yesterday when I was searching through some old documents I found the recipe again. The quest to find the best chocolate chip cookie recipe might be over. I think we have a clear winner. These are awesome! They are even better than I remember.


Vanilla Pudding Chocolate Chip Cookies

from the Coburn Cafeteria

2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
1 cup butter, softened
¾ cup packed brown sugar
¼ cup white sugar
1 (3.4 oz) pkg instant vanilla pudding mix
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs
12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans

Preheat oven to 375°. Combine flour, salt, and baking soda and set aside. Mix butter, brown sugar, white sugar, pudding mix, and vanilla until creamy. Add eggs and mix well. Gradually stir in flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts. Drop heaping teaspoonfuls of dough onto ungreased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake at 375° for about 10 minutes.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

I just found your blog and will have to come back to check out more. I saw these cookies and they look great! I've had choc chip cookies with pudding in them and I remember them being very good and moist!