Slow Cooker Stuffed Peppers
from Spice In My Life
Ingredients4 large bell peppers
1 lb ground beef
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 small clove garlic finely chopped
1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cumin
Dash of red pepper
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1/3 cup uncooked rice
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup shredded cheese (I used and Italian cheese blend)
*I also added some shredded carrots and Worcestershire sauce
1) Cut thin slices from stem end of each bell pepper to remove top, seeds and membranes.
2) Rinse peppers.
3) Cook beef, onion, and garlic over medium heat in skillet until brown.
5) Stir in tomato sauce, salt, cumin, cinnamon, and red pepper.
6) Stir in rice.
7) Divide beef mixture evenly among peppers.
8) Pour water into 3 1/2 to 4 quart slow cooker; stand peppers upright in cooker.
9) Cover and cook on low heat setting 4 to 6 hours or until peppers are tender.
10) Garnish with cheese.