Wednesday, December 3, 2008

My 12 Days of Cookies - Day 3

Every year the Food Network features 12 Days of Cookies. If you sign up here you can receive a new cookie recipe in your inbox each day.

Some of them look pretty good and some of them are not my style. This year I decided to do my own version of 12 Days of Cookies. Feel feel to join me in this challenge and make your own 12 cookie recipes (one each day).

With this challenge I want to try out some new cookie recipes an techniques. I've never made a microwave cookie before. I tried a microwave cake and it was horrible but I didn't want to let that bias this recipe. These cookies weren't too bad. I definitely prefer oven cookies but if your oven is broken or you live in a college dorm, these can be a decent substitute.




Microwave Snowball Cookies
By Me

1/2 stick butter
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 egg
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup flour
1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
additional powdered sugar for rolling

Cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg. Add salt and vanilla. Slowly mix in flour. Stir in pecans. Chill dough for 2 hours minimum. Roll into 1 inch balls. Place balls on a microwave safe plate and cook on medium or 50% power for 5 minutes. When almost cool, roll cookies in powdered sugar. Makes 12 cookies.





No comments: