Friday, November 30, 2007

Applesauce Pancakes

This was the second recipe from Jeannie for my mission to use up wheat bread. It was delicious but I am slightly partial to the banana fritter pancakes. I didn't have any dry milk so I used regular milk for both of these. It didn't seem to make a difference in the banana recipe but it made this one too runny so I added another slice of bread. That did the trick and they turned out perfect.



Applesauce Pancakes
from the LEAN and LUSCIOUS Cookbook

2 eggs
1/2 cup applesauce
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
2 slices whole wheat bread, crumbled (I used 3 slices)
2 tsp vegetable oil
1/3 cup nonfat dry milk (1/4 cup 2% milk)
1 tsp double acting baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
sweetener equivalent to 3 tsp sugar (I used sugar)

In blender combine all ingredients until smooth. Preheat griddle or skillet over medium- high heat. Pour mixture unto griddle, making 8 4 inch pancakes. Turn carefully when edges are brown.
Makes 2 servings
263 calories

No comments: