Friday, November 30, 2007

Banana Fritters

I went a little crazy at Costco and bought WAY too much bread. The next few days I will be on a mission to use up some of this bread because I hate wasting food. Jeannie sent me two fabulous recipes and I made them both for breakfast today. Yes, I finally got around to cooking breakfast at 10:30 am. It is my day off so I've been really lazy.



Banana Fritters
from LEAN AND LUSCIOUS Cookbook

2 eggs
1 medium ripe banana
2 slices whole wheat bread, crumbled
1/3 cup non fat dry milk (substituted 1/4 cup 2% milk)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp double acting baking powder
2 tsp vegetable oil
sweetener equivalent to 2 tsp sugar (I used sugar)
I also added 1/2 tsp cinnamon

In blender, combine all ingredients. Blend until smooth. Preheat a griddle or skillet over medium- high heat. Pour unto griddle making 8 4 inch fritters. Turn over carefully when fritters become brown.
Makes 2 servings
286 calories

This isn't exactly what I think about when I think of fritters. I was expecting a deep fried breaded banana. This is so much better and better for you. I would probably call it a pancake instead of a fritter.

No comments: