Friday, November 23, 2007

Double Layer Pumpkin Pie

I was craving pumpkin cheesecake but cheesecake is overwhelmingly rich for my taste so I usually only take a few bites and I'm done. This recipe was the perfect combination of cheesecake and pie. The bottom layer is a fluffy cheesecake layer (not thick cheesecake like most) and the top layer is creamy pumpkin. Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of a slice that shows the two layers but you can use your imagination or go to the recipezaar link because mine turned out looking the same. This was simple and fabulous. I would definitely make this again. Oh and I didn't have any plain graham crackers to make the crust so I used cinnamon graham crackers and I think it made it even better.



Double Layer Pumpkin Pie
http://www.recipezaar.com/48158

4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 tablespoon milk or half-and-half
1 tablespoon sugar
1 1/2 cups thawed whipped topping (such as Cool Whip)
1 9-inch graham cracker crust (store bought or make your own)
1 cup cold milk or half-and-half
1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin
2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages vanilla flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves (I used nutmeg instead)

  1. Mix cream cheese, 1 tablespoon milk and sugar in large bowl with wire whisk until smooth.
  2. Gently stir in whipped topping.
  3. Spread on bottom of crust.
  4. Pour 1 cup cold milk into large bowl.
  5. Add pumpkin, pudding mixes and spices.
  6. Beat with wire whisk 2 minutes.
  7. The mixture will be thick.
  8. Spread over cream cheese layer.
  9. Refrigerate 4 hours or until set.
  10. Garnish with additional whipped topping and/or chocolate-dipped pecan halves.
  11. Store in the refrigerator until just before serving.


1 comment:

Jaime said...

this sounds delicious! next time, make sure you take a picture of the sliced pumpkin pie!