Double Layer Pumpkin Pie
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 tablespoon milk or half-and-half
1 tablespoon sugar
1 1/2 cups thawed whipped topping (such as Cool Whip)
1 9-inch graham cracker crust (store bought or make your own)
1 cup cold milk or half-and-half
1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin
2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages vanilla flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves (I used nutmeg instead)
- Mix cream cheese, 1 tablespoon milk and sugar in large bowl with wire whisk until smooth.
- Gently stir in whipped topping.
- Spread on bottom of crust.
- Pour 1 cup cold milk into large bowl.
- Add pumpkin, pudding mixes and spices.
- Beat with wire whisk 2 minutes.
- The mixture will be thick.
- Spread over cream cheese layer.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or until set.
- Garnish with additional whipped topping and/or chocolate-dipped pecan halves.
- Store in the refrigerator until just before serving.